ZodiaX Forum
To Rule a Prince AnnouncementPopupFIN
ZodiaX Forum
To Rule a Prince AnnouncementPopupFIN
ZodiaX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

| Guest | Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:00 am | Guest's Post Count: 0 |

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

To Rule a Prince

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KeithBallard
Lander
Lander

To Rule a Prince Empty
PostSubject: To Rule a Prince   To Rule a Prince I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:27 pm

To Rule a Prince 765b2710

Kyos indulged in his new bad habit that he had picked up sometime in the past month, twisting his late brother’s ring around his finger. His father thought it a welcome relief from his prior habit of tugging on a tuft of his blonde locks. The ring was the one thing of his brother’s that he allowed himself to acknowledge, other the newly inherited title and terrible weight of now being the first in line to inherit his father’s throne when he passed. His grip on the ring tightened as he thought on his brother’s death.

Death seemed to fill the castle lately, and Kyos almost longed for it to be a plague that silently crept through the halls rather than the rash of unexplained deaths or accidents. Somehow a deadly illness was far less unsettling than the general awareness that the deaths were not coincidental nor simply tragic. Yet, no one could place any cause or outside influence. There was only the uneasy feeling the permeated every stone and every crevice of the castle.

The most unsettling to the new crown prince, aside from his dear brother’s death was his own guard’s death. And though it was ruled as accidental, Kyos felt as though he had brushed death in the brief time he was alone. But even though he escaped harm then, his golden brown eyes seemed to search for the unseen force that seemed to be at work within the walls.

He twisted the ring even more fervently. And now, with his trusted guard absent, a new one had to be appointed. The crown prince frowned as he glanced towards the doors. His father had stuck him in here, the doors flanked by guards inside and out until the decision on the appointment had be finalized. He snorted to himself. At least his father had enough sense not to wave the signs away as coincidental. Still, he didn’t like being appointed a new guard in the midst of all this, one he didn’t really know and couldn’t yet trust, regardless of what his father might think of them. Kyos knew the choices and he wasn’t really impressed with any other them. Least of all his father’s apparent preference.

“I might as well kill myself now and save the mysterious force the hassle, and myself the headache over this whole guard mess,” he muttered under his breath.
Back to top Go down
Saevus Veritas
His Majesty
His Majesty
Saevus Veritas

Quick-Journal
Currently Playing:: Altais Mal'bain [ Demon ]
Looking for the Following Plots::

To Rule a Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Rule a Prince   To Rule a Prince I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 3:54 pm

To Rule a Prince Dyzqf

RETHKEN shook King Vandrian's hand firmly, a small smile gracing his lips. He had known that he would get the job; out of the applicants, he was by far the most qualified. Not only did he have a wide knowledge of physical fighting, but he was also a Master Alchemist; a title that hadn't been bestowed on anyone for more than three centuries. Of course, the King didn't know that Rethken had been practicing Alchemy for the past two milliennia, and Rethken wasn't really inclined to tell him. As Vandrian waved him though the guards posted outside the Throne Room's double doors, the man's blue eyes narrowed behind the thin lenses of his glasses.

A boy of seventeen sat in the smaller gilded throne, looking both anxious and bored. Of course, it was no wonder the child was so apprehensive; his servants, friends, and family had been getting killed off in "accidents" for the last four months, thus why his dear father had hired the Alchemist. Little did the Royal Line know just how able Rethken was to protect their darling prince. The man strode towards Prince Kyos, the two-inch heels of his boots clicking purposefully on the marble beneath his feet. Stopping five feet away from the throne, the man bowed gracefully, snapping his long cloak over his shoulder with a flourish. As his chin touched his chest, the blue eyes flashed red as a lupine grin played over the man's face. With any luck, this boy would become his entirely.

"Highness, my name is Rethken Jai'shune, and your father has hired me to protect and serve you. I swear to anticipate your needs, and to never leave your side so that I might always be vigilant in fulfilling my duty. I sincerely hope that you shall come to rely on me, and I promise to treat you with nothing but the respect you are due." The Demon paused and rose from his bow, protocol having been fulfilled. "Your father tells me that he has cleared your schedule for today, so that we might get to know one-another. I await your command, Young Master."[color=white]

To Rule a Prince 2nrhnj9

[ [ O O C : ] ]
❤❤

To Rule a Prince 2nrhnj9
Back to top Go down
KeithBallard
Lander
Lander

To Rule a Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Rule a Prince   To Rule a Prince I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Kyos could not contain the brief wrinkling of his nose in disgust. So his father had picked… this one. There was no reason the prince could place his finger on, but he didn’t like this man. He didn’t like his presence and this unsettling feeling. His last guard had a calming presence about him. You felt safe and secure with his ever alert eyes. Then again, he was now dead, so perhaps that didn’t count for much. Still, this man had a presence of strength about him and Kyos knew he would be safe if this man did his job. But one could train a wild animal as a means of protection, but that didn’t mean it was a hundred percent safe to keep around.

He gave the man a terse smile. “Don’t give me your words of duty. I couldn’t care less for them Rethken Jai’shune,” he said spitting out the name. He stood staring the man down. “All I care about is that you do your job. And preferably you can do it quietly. You were my father’s choice. Not mine. I know you must be skilled, but that doesn’t mean you have my trust or respect yet.”

He walked down the small platform, slowly and purposefully. “If father has cleared my schedule, he must think it important to cancel my lessons and study time. I wasn’t groomed to the same standards as-“ He hesitated to say the next word, but even when he did say it, it came out soft and pained. “Brother.” His eyes soon regained their fire and hostility . “So I suppose I must humor him.

He didn’t see why this was necessary. Would knowing this man’s favorite color make him any safer? Certainly not. He had known hardly anything about Iruk and they were just fine together. He sighed. “So why did you decide on this job?” He certainly had to wonder what kind of perks his father was offering to follow him 24/7 with rumors of murders and the finishing off of the royal family in the air.
Back to top Go down
Saevus Veritas
His Majesty
His Majesty
Saevus Veritas

Quick-Journal

To Rule a Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Rule a Prince   To Rule a Prince I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:37 pm

To Rule a Prince Qx43u8

THE xxman's eyebrows rose at the vehemence in the child's tone. Interesting; clearly there was some pain there, and the kid was still obviously mourning the loss of his Brother. Rethken figured the boy constantly measured himself against his older sibling and had found himself lacking. A small smile curved his lips. That was good. Pain was a strong force that drove one's will, made them do things that were normally out of character.

As the boy neared him, Rethken's hand whipped out, fingers closing tightly on the boy's jaw, jerking his chin up to look the Demon in ice-blue eyes. "First off, we shall show each other respect, Little Lord. I am not here to play games, and if you neither treat me well nor trust me, then I cannot protect you to the best of my ability. Nod if you understand me." His voice was lilting, melodic, and held absolutely no trace of anger. Though his calm was in itself rather scary. As Kyos slowly nodded, the Alchemist released his chin and brushed an imaginary speck of dirt from the shoulder of his cloak.

"Good, I'm glad we understand each other. Now, as to why I accepted this job, to be frank I was quite bored. I've mastered all I could with my Alchemy, and I've grown tired of competing in Melee and Jousting tournaments." The man lifted a broad shoulder in a shrug, and waved at Kyos to return to his throne. As the boy resumed his seat, Rethken followed in his wake and perched on the arm of the gilded chair. "Aside from that, though, I haven't been on protection details in cent -- in quite some time." He smoothly corrected himself. "Besides, I am the most qualified to keep you safe, Highness. And that's exactly what I intend to do."

Little did the Princeling know that Rethken intended to do far more than just protect Kyos.

To Rule a Prince 2nrhnj9

❤❤

To Rule a Prince 2nrhnj9
Back to top Go down
KeithBallard
Lander
Lander

To Rule a Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Rule a Prince   To Rule a Prince I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Kyos felt the anger rising in him as this man dared to touch him, and he could feel himself shaking in anger at his words. But he was to in shock to do much more than follow his new guard’s directions. He listened to the other still seething, but keeping it under wraps… for now.

“Boredom?” He tensed his jaw. He was something for this man to pass the time? To amuse himself with? Yet, his father had already made his decision and he knew there was no reversing it. He reverted back to twisting his ring, this time out of frustration rather than anxiety.

“Also, please don’t touch me in such a manner again. I am not some errant child or pet,” he said. “So do not treat me as such. “ Where did this man learn his manners? Where did he get the gall to act in such a manner?!

He bit his lip. Perhaps if he did find out more about this man he could indeed find out the answers. Maybe even get some info that would cause his father to think twice about his choice. But to do so meant he may have to switch tactics. “Very well though. If you wish we can be civil to one another.” He placed a smile on his lips that didn’t quite reach his eyes. “Since we are supposed to get to know each other, is there something you’d like to know about me?”
Back to top Go down
Saevus Veritas
His Majesty
His Majesty
Saevus Veritas

Quick-Journal

To Rule a Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Rule a Prince   To Rule a Prince I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:20 pm

To Rule a Prince Qx43u8

A xxsmall smile graced the Alchemist's features as the Demon felt the boy's anger rolling off of him. Not some errant child? Hah, could've fooled Rethken, for that's exactly how he had been acting. But he knew the child would eventually come to rely and depend on the Demon, though it would take a little manipulation and a lot of time. But Rethken had the patience. But being alive for centuries would give a man -- or a Demon, as it were -- all the patience one would ask for.

"Nothing about you particularly, Highness, for I'll learn that through your actions and the tasks you require of me. I've found the best way to learn something about another person is to simply watch and listen." Rethken smiled warmly down at the boy, desperately wanting to dig his claws -- concealed by white, lace-hemmed gloves currently -- into those golden eyes, wanting to hear those full, pretty lips part around a scream, wanted to see that small body writhing underneath him, feel those perfectly-trimmed nails scratching helplessly at Rethken's arms as the Demon hurt him. The Alchemist closed his eyes and suppressed a shudder of unadulterated arousal. But, he would save all that for later, when the boy had given the Demon his complete trust.

"However, I would indeed like to hear from your own lips what has being on these past few months. If what the rumors say are true, then your father has every right to be worried for your safety, Highness. So please, tell me everything you've heard -- fact or rumor, I don't care which -- and everything you remember, down to the very last detail, please. The more I know, the better I'll be able to keep you safe." The Alchemist rested a gloved hand on the boy's cheek, his thumb stroking the line of his jaw gently. "And I know that you were against hiring a new bodyguard to begin with, Little Lord. And though you may not like me right now, you might as well get used to having me here, for your father charged me with never leaving your side, not even for a moment. Thus, I shall always be with you, a pace behind and two to the right of you, like an unmoving shadow. Now, tell me what you know, Your Highness."

To Rule a Prince 2nrhnj9

So I was thinking that maybe some assassins or something could come in somehow and Reth could save Kyos -- maybe even Rethken staged it himself -- to earn the Prince's trust and to kind of thaw that icy outlook Kyos has towards him a little bit.
BUT it's totally up to you~
=3

To Rule a Prince 2nrhnj9
Back to top Go down
KeithBallard
Lander
Lander

To Rule a Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Rule a Prince   To Rule a Prince I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:51 pm

To Rule a Prince Kyos_zps2925cb5c

Just watch and listen? It took great self-control for the prince not to tell the new guard to ‘Listen to this! Go to hell, bastard.’ As it were he smacked the other’s hand away. “Tell you what I know? Perhaps I might if I thought you could listen. I told you to keep your hands to yourself.” His eyes narrowed and he balled his hands into fists so that his nails bit gently into his own skin. “You’re so impertinent. Just stick to your job instead of try to fondle the crown prince. That kind of behavior will get your throat slit.”

Kyos stood and began walking away from Rethken and towards the door. If the other wanted to do his job so damn badly, he could do it outside of the throne room. But as much as he was outwardly snarling at his guard, he was snarling ten times more at himself inwardly.

How was Kyos supposed to rule a kingdom if he couldn’t even control this one brazenly impudent guard? His brother would have had no problem putting someone like Rethken in their place. He turned to glare at the Alchemist. “My name is Kyos. Not Little Lord. I am the crown prince of this land and thus I will be giving the orders and not you. I will disclose to you what I wish, when I wish, unless I am told to do otherwise directly by my father. Do not make any mistake. I do not like you. I don’t like the feel of you. And when I am king I will find no greater pleasure that giving the order to have you hung.” He spun back around to push open the doors so he could retire to his room.

OOC: Oh yes. I like that idea. I think he might gain a little respect for his abilities and Kyos would feel indebted to Rethken, but not necessarily trust him more. Depends on how Reth goes about it of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To Rule a Prince Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Rule a Prince   To Rule a Prince I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Rule a Prince
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ZodiaX Forum :: Archived-
Jump to: